First test with wings!

The wings did their job! The stakes were high for me, so I was disappointed that I only made a tiny hop in the air. But it worked!

While I was getting bored with the bad weather, I tried the wings in the factory floor below my workplace earlier. And that tiny pre-test proved that I could go outdoors to try the real thing. Although the weather this week didn’t look good at all! Yesterday in the afternoon the sun returned for just a couple of hours. So I prepared the wings with my crew a.s.a.p. and jumped in the van to the testinglocation.

Here it is guys. Enjoy!

FacebookShare

Moving my birdwings

Some time ago I connected the acceleration sensors of the HTC and Wii remote (and check this blogpost too for explanation). The next step was to send this acceleration data to my electronic speed controllers and outrunner motors. Floor and me went testing the system yesterday, watch the result below. I’m very proud of this.

So check out the photogallery and the video below. Also decided to attach an earlier sketch of the system, although it’s kind of a wild sketch, I think this explains what I did and how it works.

Continue reading

FacebookShare

Wings: a first look

A new video is up on my YouTube channel HUMANBIRDWINGS.

It is a short impression of work we have done some days ago. Little tour around the workshop, friends helping out and roling out the wings! There will be more technical insight coming up later.

I hope you enjoy!

 

FacebookShare

New materials arrived + help needed

In this video I show some of the parts which already arrived at my working space. Still waiting for the motors and Lipo batteries, but expecting them next week. pfff, can’t wait any longer!

I also realize that I might need some help with building these wings. Send me a message if you’re from around The Hague, or would like to join my project here in The Netherlands!

Check my YouTube channel for my videolog.

FacebookShare