I did it! This weekend I brought out my wings again for a second test. And here it is. Do I need to say more? Just watch the video
Three geeks who call themselves Three’s a Quorum made a great podcast about ‘the least important news of the day’, and my project is one of the items they talk about. It’s fun stuff to listen to. So here it is.
Here’s the bit where they talk about my Human Birdwings project.
Three is a Quorum about Human Birdwings (click it, and it will play)
And here is the original link: http://3aq.tumblr.com/post/16799334255/ep-3-hawkmen-attack
Some time ago I connected the acceleration sensors of the HTC and Wii remote (and check this blogpost too for explanation). The next step was to send this acceleration data to my electronic speed controllers and outrunner motors. Floor and me went testing the system yesterday, watch the result below. I’m very proud of this.
So check out the photogallery and the video below. Also decided to attach an earlier sketch of the system, although it’s kind of a wild sketch, I think this explains what I did and how it works.
Together with my friend Orhan I was able to collect the acceleration data of the WiiMote and the Htc WildfireS. I promised to give a little demo of this. Here it is! So we combined the accelerometers. This will be needed to measure armspeed and control both outrunners in a way that they assist the flapping of the wings.
The previous post shows you a drawing of how all the elements together should work, flapping the wings! Check it here.
It has been on my youtube channel for a while. Sorry i’m late posting this on the blog. But some good work has been delivered this week. Which will feature in a fun video soon! (a little less geek…)
In my 3d sketches I was thinking about using only the acceleration sensors of HTC smartphones. I recently decided to also use Wii controllers, for their excellent I2C accelerometers and gyroscopes. Watch the picture below for an explanation about the components.
In the meanwhile I’ve been able to connect the gyro and accelerometer of a Wii Motion plus and Nunchuck for the backplate. The Buspirat is my big friend
Also managed to combine the acceleration data of the WiiMote and Wildfire S in one application. Tomorrow the video about this will be online!