Snow

You guys might have been wondering, what has Jarno been up to?

The wing mechanism have been taken apart for detailed fixing. The freezing cold inside my workshop brought the risk of damaging the mechanics, so I decided to disassemble it. Sa after the first testflight I have spent time giving it some ‘tender love and care’. As you can see on the pictures below, the wingfabric is torn in some places. For now I’m quick-fixing it with duct tape. In the meanwhile thinking about a better solution.

Another reason nothing special has been happening is that The Netherlands have been covered with snow since the beginning of february. Which was a pity because I felt really anxious to try a second time with my wings. Anyhow, I have taken my time to relax, enjoy some iceskating and working on the wings.  The passed couple of days the snow has melted away, so when the sun shines there might be some opportunities to fly coming up.

FacebookShare

Moving my birdwings

Some time ago I connected the acceleration sensors of the HTC and Wii remote (and check this blogpost too for explanation). The next step was to send this acceleration data to my electronic speed controllers and outrunner motors. Floor and me went testing the system yesterday, watch the result below. I’m very proud of this.

So check out the photogallery and the video below. Also decided to attach an earlier sketch of the system, although it’s kind of a wild sketch, I think this explains what I did and how it works.

Continue reading

FacebookShare