So what are these wings all about, you might think?
This fabric weighs about 70 grams per square meter, so in total that will be around 1050 grams. It’s quite a challenge to work with this fabric. It’s strong, but at the same time very fragile. Especially because of the forces it has to cope with during the flights, it’s important to Continue reading
To keep you updated, here are my latest videos on the construction of the wing. Half december things have been progressing steadily. Floor did a nice job filming that, so here the result.
In the first video you see how I had the aerdynamic ribs cut at a technical workplace. The ribs give the wing its shape. We have succesfully attached them to the flightpins. The second video gives you a nice look at the completions of the wing. The work is not quite done yet, the mechanics of the wing needs to be calibrated, balanced and finetuned.
But isn’t it just great the wings have come off the drawing table and now hang in my workplace? I am tired but so excited!
Some time ago I connected the acceleration sensors of the HTC and Wii remote (and check this blogpost too for explanation). The next step was to send this acceleration data to my electronic speed controllers and outrunner motors. Floor and me went testing the system yesterday, watch the result below. I’m very proud of this.
So check out the photogallery and the video below. Also decided to attach an earlier sketch of the system, although it’s kind of a wild sketch, I think this explains what I did and how it works.
A new video is up on my YouTube channel HUMANBIRDWINGS.
It is a short impression of work we have done some days ago. Little tour around the workshop, friends helping out and roling out the wings! There will be more technical insight coming up later.
I hope you enjoy!
This weekend blew over so fast. I got some great help and we worked pretty hard to get some things done on the wing. Best was that we succesfully connected the turnigy motors with the HTC phones. Check the video, I put it in there.